Due to the decreased usage of EasyReporting by our customers, we use the weekend for auditing your data and submissions to the NHSN, making updates and changes to EasyReporting, and testing new features.
Over the weekend, submissions to the NHSN and data pulled from your EHR may take longer to complete (in some instances, it may not be submitted or completed until Monday), part or all of your data in EasyReporting may temporarily be unavailable, part or all of EasyReporting may generally not be available or accessible, and you may see an increased number of errors on EasyReporting. IT IS NOT ADVISED TO MAKE SUBMISSIONS TO THE NHSN OVER THE WEEKEND AS BOTH EASYREPORTING AND THE NHSN MAY NOT BE WORKING, AND SUPPORT IS NOT AVAILABLE. IF YOU ARE MAKING YOUR ONLY WEEKLY SUBMISSION(S) OVER THE WEEKEND, YOU MAY MISS YOUR REPORTING WINDOW RESULTING IN A FINE.
The NHSN requires that healthcare facilities report their Covid-19 (pathway) and vaccination statistics once a week to avoid being fined. Additionally, the NHSN requires the submission of POC test results to them in a timely manner following the retrieval of the results of the test. To avoid complications with submissions, issues with the NHNS, fines due to submitting late, and timely submissions from EasyReporting to the NHSN, EasyReporting suggests the following:
- Report Covid-19 Pathway twice a week. Once on Monday and again on Thursday.
- Do not report on Friday as the NHSN is slower on this day due to the large number of facilities reporting to them simultaneously. If there are issues with your submission or your NHSN account, you may not be notified of problems or be able to address them until the following Monday, missing your reporting deadline.
- Avoid reporting on Thursday evening as the NHSN usually performs maintenance during this time and is slow or not working.
- Report vaccinations earlier in the week (Monday-Wednesday)
- DO NOT REPORT ON THE WEEKEND. EasyReporting and NHSN support are unavailable during this time, and your submission may be delayed due to maintenance of EasyReporting or the NHSN.